I am a highly creative, passionate, and articulate Artist. My goal as a visual artist it to set forth the task of creating images that can be didactic, but yet interpreted externally or internally by ones own experiences in order to define individual and communal systems of belief. I am an Oakland based artist who is originally from Santa Fe, NM and graduated with a BFA from the University of New Mexico.
EXPERIENCE ARTIST RESIDENT
FAULTLINE ARTSPACE; OAKLAND,CA — 2012–PRESENT
• Self- employed freelance illustrator and painter.
• Create artwork that demonstrates techniques acquired thru education in the Arts and Art History.
• Producing art that can be translated and put to good use in projects involved in directing and creating art crafts and marketing
LEADERSHIP/ARTIST ROLE, THE BARELA’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR PROJECT; ALBUQUERQUE, NM — 2006
• Involved Barela’s residents in an effort to create art that visually displays the artistic expressions of Barela’s culture and community in Albuquerque, NM.
• Directed and coordinated over a six-month period the production of a community calendar with Barela’s youth artwork.
• Collaborated with a team of Research Service Learning based Students and Community members to create the Barela’s Calendar for fundraising.
ARTIST/STUDENT, THE BALI ART PROJECT; SANTA FE, NM — 2003
• Selected to participate in the Non- Profit Organization created in 2000 to grant young Americans to learn about the world outside of the constructs of their own country.
• Studied various art forms with master Balinese teachers: painting, batik, gamelan, dance
• Learned how they relate to the Balinese culture and spiritual life • Studying religion, language, history, social etiquette, attended temple ceremonies, performances, and partook in the daily life of the Balinese
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE, THE WORLD; 2003- 2014
• Independently coordinated accommodations (flight, housing, and transportation) for groups interested in traveling to SouthEast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, East Timor, and Japan), Costa Rica, Northern and Eastern Europe, Mexico (from North, Central and Southern), Guatemala, Belize, and Puerto Rico
• Created an international travel experience by integrating my studies in Art, Art History, and Anthropology to understand foreign cultures
• Studied language, religion, art and history
EDUCATION/ HONORS AND AWARDS UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO, ALBUQUERQUE, NM — BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS (CUM LAUDE/ BACHELORETTE HONORS), 2009 UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO ALUMNI, ALBUQUERQUE, NM MAJOR IN STUDIO ART/ ART HISTORY; MINOR IN CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY
• College of Fine Arts Nomination for Senior Prize- 2009
• Dean’s List (3.5 gpa or higher)- 2004- 2009
• New Mexico Lottery Success ABQ Scholarship (based on Academic Success)- 2004-09